Specialist, Volunteer Program
Location: New York, NY
As Specialist, Volunteer Program, you will work side by side with the Volunteer Program Coordinator and under the supervision of the Volunteer Program Manager on implementation of all volunteer program areas. You will work with existing partners (universities, volunteer organizations, corporations and Catholic health systems), identify new strategic partners to source volunteer talent based on identified demand, and help with the professionalization of the volunteer program’s partner relationships in line with the volunteer program strategy. You will have a critical role, engaging university and Catholic partners on through outreach, relationship building, communications and events. Duties will include sourcing volunteers, processing candidates, implementing onboarding processes, and strengthening institutional partnership in the United States and abroad. You will also assist the Volunteer Program Manager in program development and help build the infrastructure, systems and processes for the scaling up of the volunteer program through strategic partnerships.
- Oversee the end-to-end sourcing for international and domestic volunteer placements, including developing the sourcing strategy, planning, updating job descriptions, posting opportunities online and tracking sourcing channels performance.
- Lead the development of outreach and volunteer recruitment opportunities with assigned groups, in alignment with Volunteer Program sourcing strategy
- Manage and respond to volunteer related inquiries from potential partners and represent CMMB Volunteer program in career fairs and partner meetings
- Support partner and program specific sourcing for mission trips, university programs and related programs
- Participate in ongoing volunteer communication and engagement for partners and outreach, including the implementation of the volunteer partner strategy and alumni/ambassadors’ strategy
- Help to continuously improve volunteer sourcing and support services, in coordination with HR and compliance teams, and informed by industry best practices
- Coordinate with partner-related data collection, onboarding, relationship building and transition to new Constituent Relations Management (CRM) system
- Manage the relationship with Affiliate groups, research-based university partners and clinical mentors
- Contribute to fundraising campaigns and grant writing for the volunteer program
- Participate in sourcing of NYC-based Volunteer Program interns
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in the area of development and/or with an international nonprofit.
- Strong project management
- Previous experience in relationship management and/or recruitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability for building and maintaining productive working relationships with diverse partners and stakeholders
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to represent the organization in external forums.
- Basic awareness of health program development and health systems strengthening (desired).
- Bachelor’s degree required (public health, international development, political science, humanitarian affairs, nonprofit management, organizational development, project management, or related field). Master’s degree preferred.
- Self-starter, results-oriented and work well in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Driven by our values and mission and comfortable working for a faith-based organization.