Through the fundraising platform Give Lively, Maryknoll Lay Missioners has recently begun to offer attractive and easy-to-use web pages and forms that are particularly designed for “peer-to-peer” fundraising campaigns.
These increasingly popular campaigns can be started and managed by any individual or group to encourage friends and family to join in Maryknoll Lay Missioners’ cause. Birthdays, anniversaries, or other celebrations, holidays or commemorations throughout the year present great occasions for peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
Maryknoll Lay Missioners is inviting and encouraging all missioners, staff, board members, returned missioners and other friends to use this handy tool to reach out to their respective friends, family and supporting communities with an appeal for support.
Creating a peer-to-peer fundraising page is very easy: To participate in this joint effort, follow these steps:
- Visit our campaign page “Support a Missioner” here.
- Click on the “I want to fundraise for this” button
- Create an account with your e-mail address and a password; this will allow you to log in and update your page at any time.
- Once you are logged in, you can personalize your new fundraising page by uploading a profile photo, adding a personal note to appear on the page, and a fundraising goal (optional). You can keep the big image from the main page, or upload your own. Click Save and your new fundraising page is ready to go.
- Finally, don’t forget to click the “Share this page” button, which you can use to quickly post it on Facebook or Twitter, or to send the link to your e-mail contacts.
Please email Chris Keavney with any questions.