The new Spring 2020 issue of Voices of Compassion has been published and is arriving in people’s mailboxes just in time for Earth Day 2020. Here are the main articles from this issue:
- Our cover story features Maryknoll lay missioners “Combating climate change at a global and local level.” We check in with missioners in Brazil, Haiti and El Salvador who serve as witnesses to environmental disasters, accompany those most affected, teach sustainable practices and raise awareness.
- In “Millennials in mission,” five Maryknollers reflect on what it is like to be a young adult lay missioner.
- “A seat at the table” profiles board member Bob Carlsen, who has felt the pull of the Maryknoll spirit since grade school.
- A report on a recent discernment retreat at the U.S.-Mexico border recounts the experiences of the retreat participants and their discernment on “What’s the next right step?”
- The issue also includes “Praise be to you!” a prayer that includes a plea to commit ourselves to our covenant with creation and a call to loving actions.
If you would like to receive a print copy (while supplies last) or have comments or feedback on the issue, please contact us here.
You can find an archive of previous issues of Voices of Compassion magazine here.