Why Maryknoll Lay Missioners?
Are you searching . . .
For a way to put your faith into action?
For a challenge through which you will be transformed?
For an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others?
Join Us To . . .
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work with others to address issues that affect people across the globe (such as immigration, climate change, food scarcity, and conflict).
- Join local partners in striving for positive transformation.
- Live in solidarity with people experiencing poverty or marginalization.
- Offer your skills and experience as resources to address issues in your mission country.
- Build the capacity of local communities to address their own problems.
GROW PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY
- Challenge yourself to move beyond your comfort zone.
- Forge deep relationships with people from different national, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Learn a new language (or move toward greater fluency in one you already know).
- Gain the international experience, cultural competence, and global vision that are prized in today’s diverse workplaces.
- Grow in areas such as flexibility, resilience, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
LIVE YOUR FAITH
- Live a life of purpose, aligned with your faith and values.
- Join a faith-based community rooted in the Catholic tradition.
- Engage in regular prayer and reflection.
- Deepen your spirituality by learning from the wisdom of other cultures’ religious practices.
- Practice living simply.
BENEFIT FROM MARYKNOLL’S EXPERIENCE AND SUPPORT
- Become one of the more than 700 lay missioners who have been part of Maryknoll over the years.
- Join a diverse group of missioners that includes single people, couples, and families with children–and that welcomes people of all ages.
- Rely on our extensive support that includes a small stipend, health care, and the guidance of a local team at your mission site.
- Find your place in a wide variety of ministries including health care, education and leadership development, peace and justice initiatives, pastoral care, and sustainable development.
- Consider the benefits of being part of one of the few mission organizations that gives laity a range of options, from a 3.5-year contract, to the possibility of renewing or even making global mission a life-long vocation.