Why Go On a Mission Immersion Trip?
Take a trip that will change your life!
On a Friends Across Borders immersion trip you will be able to:
- Meet and learn from local people and grassroots groups working for a more just and compassionate world.
- Immerse yourself in the history, culture, and religious traditions of the country you are visiting.
- Learn from lectures and discussions about the social, political, economic, religious, and cultural realities in the host country.
- Visit Maryknoll Lay Missioners ministries in education, healthcare, justice and peace, faith formation/pastoral care and sustainable development.
- Enjoy the art, music, dance, stories and rituals of the people we visit.
- Nurture your faith through prayer and reflection on what you are experiencing.
- Expand your vision of the world, preparing to return to your home with a new sense of our global, interconnected world.
Upcoming immersion trips:
After a long hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Maryknoll Lay Missioners’ is again planning Friends Across Borders trips, including with Maryknoll Affiliates. We are currently planning trips to the U.S.-Mexico border, El Salvador and Tanzania.
To find out about upcoming Friends Across Borders immersion trips, as well as other Maryknoll Lay Missioners events, sign up for our e-newsletter. For more information, email us at FriendsAcrossBorders@mklm.org; phone 914-236-3480.