Walk With Us
A match challenge campaign inviting you
to accompany our missioners in this time of global crisis
Everyone is called.
Our Catholic faith calls each of us to serve the least of our brothers and sisters around the world.
Some of us go as missioners – and even bring our families – to accompany and serve vulnerable communities. Some inspire and train those who go out into the world. And still others provide the critical financial support that makes it possible for us to respond to basic needs and help create a more just and compassionate world.
Every response is different.
Watch this video
of Maryknoll lay missioners inviting you to “WALK WITH US.”
During COVID, Maryknoll Lay Missioners have remained on the front lines
COVID-19 has not interrupted our important ministries in Africa, Asia and the Americas, only added to the urgency. Despite the many challenges posed by the pandemic, our lay missioners continue to provide access to quality health care, stand up to gender violence, create access to clean water and bring innovative methods of educating children. Where it is necessary, we’ve adapted our ministries to respond to their communities’ urgent needs, providing emergency food assistance to those who have lost their livelihoods, producing and distributing protective equipment, providing hand sanitization in informal settlements and transitioning some ministries to a virtual format.
Our mission is for both today and tomorrow.
With increasing needs around the globe, we see opportunity for Christ-like responses. Together, we stand ready to accompany and partner with vulnerable communities so they can build a vibrant future for themselves. To achieve this readiness, our goals during the next three years are to:
- Strengthen our capacity to respond effectively to urgent needs, including, but not limited to, migration, climate change, food insecurity, racism, disparity of wealth.
- Increase the number of our lay missioners to deepen our relationships with and commitment to the communities where we serve.
- Lay the groundwork for local capacity building, human rights initiatives, restorative justice, educational equity, agricultural programs and access to health care.
- Expand and deepen local and global partnerships in both the U.S. and our mission countries.
- Broaden our recruitment and mission education strategies.
- Grow the formation, care and retention of lay missioners, enhance language and cross-cultural training, elevate spiritual growth and commitment to vocation.
Funding mission is the first step.
With your support, together we can make a difference in our life-changing, world-changing work. In order to sustain our missioners and our commitment to the communities that receive us, we seek your support.
- Our campaign goal is to raise a total of $3 million.
- A core group of benefactors have raised or pledged base gifts totaling $1 million.
- You and other loyal supporters are asked to match the base gift 2:1, raising another $2 million.
- Our campaign timeline extends through the end of 2022. The earlier you act, the sooner we can bring hope to those who need it most.
10,000 lives. 9 countries. 50 missioners. And you.
Maryknoll Lay Missioners is the single independent Catholic mission-sending organization structured specifically for lay people who wish to make a long-term or lifetime vocational commitment to global mission.
When you walk with us, you share the journey from our baptismal call to mission. By accompanying our lay missioners, your vocation shares a path with theirs.